PHP Vikinger 2009 Invitation and Registration
|Date:||2009-04-06 11:43 CEST|
For the third time, PHP Vikinger will be organized. This year we're leaving the Norwegian homeland and continue are quest to conquer the rest of Europe. The target is Leuven, Belgium on May 30th.
The (enormously simple) registration process for PHP Vikinger is open. An invitation has been send to the people who've been invited previously, or attended last years. The full invitation follows below:
This is an invitation to the PHP Vikinger - please read on for details. You are receiving this email because you were on the invitation list of the last two years, and/or you attended last year.
PHP Vikinger is a community-driven PHP event that will be held in Leuven, Belgium.
Cool things about the event are:
- Attendees choose and present the content of the event 
- It is super-cheap: free
- Did we mention the super-cheap?
- We've invited cool people, who will then invite other cool people  and the event is open to anyone who registers, as long as there is space.
- We're involving the Belgium PHP Usergroup (Though they might not yet know ;-) ).
Want to get involved? Here is what you do:
Write to me and let me know ...
- If you are attending, we want to make sure you are on the list of registered attendees.
- If you aren't attending, let us know and we will give your space to someone who registers.
- Even if you don't attend, please nominate other potential attendees and help promote the event.
- If you are undecided, don't worry - you have until May 15th to decide.
- Nominate up to 10 other people as attendees - just ask them to register themselves :)
- When considering who to choose, think about people who help make conferences and user group meetings interesting, useful and fun.
- Help other people find out about the event (there will be 50+ slots for open registration)
- Help support the sponsors 
- Help attract other sponsors
- ... and by great and mighty Odin, blog the @#%#@ out of the event.
- Book your travel
- Think about what kind of event you want to help make - start planning sessions to present, work on ideas for discussion groups, think of projects to hack on, suggest topics that you would like to learn more about, etc.
- Visit http://phpvikinger.org/ for more information and place to start participating. You can also submit your ideas there and look at some pictures from last year.
|||That's right - attendees choose the content and give the sessions, not sponsors or organizers. See Wikipedia for more details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference|
You may be wondering who did the inviting and how invitees were chosen?
The answer is pretty simple - I picked last year's invitee list and added the people who showed up last year as well.
|||eZ systems, a company that I work for, is currently the major sponsor of the event. We are looking for other sponsors. The goal of the sponsorship is to break even.|